Family Law

Family Law covers all matters processed through the Family Law Court, for example, Dissolution of Marriage (divorce), Legal Separation, paternity, and domestic violence restraining orders. Some of these may include child custody and visitation, child support, spousal support, and division of assets and debts. Peg has years of experience drafting the documents for Family Law court, whether that includes court hearings or not. She can also assist with post-judgment modifications, stipulations (agreements), Income Withholding Orders, and much more.

Estate Planning

Planning ahead to avoid probate when you pass is one of the best gifts that you can give to your family. Additionally, having the proper documents in place should you become incapacitated and unable to make healthcare and financial decision are equally important. Peg can assist with preparing robust estate plans to include Revocable Living Trusts, Wills, Financial Durable Powers of Attorney and Advance Healthcare Directives.

Adult Adoptions

Did you know that it is possible to adopt someone as an adult after they have turned 18? This is often a good option for a step-parent who has an established relationship with their step-child but that relationship was never legalized as an adoption when the child was a minor. Both the step-parent and child may desire this for inheritance or simply emotional reasons, and as an adult, the child no longer needs the permission of the absent biological parent. Peg can assist with all of the documents needed to accomplish an adult adoption.

Name Changes

Civil Name change requests are filed through the Civil Court and must be published in a newspaper for 4 consecutive weeks. Peg can assist with this process all along the way, including filing the Proof of Publication with the court so you are ready for your hearing.

If you desire to restore your former name after a California divorce, Peg can also assist with the paperwork through the Family Law Court to obtain that court order.


Sometimes it may be in a child’s best interest to be cared for by someone other than their parent. In order for that person to make legal and educational decisions and to obtain healthcare for that child, a Guardianship is likely to be necessary. Peg can assist with the paperwork for Temporary and Permanent Guardianship petitions, which are processed through the Probate Court.


There are several types of Deeds for transferring real property in California, from Grant Deeds and Quitclaim Deeds to Interspousal Transfer Deeds. Peg can assist with the preparation of Deeds, Preliminary Change of Ownership Reports, and Documentary Transfer Tax Affidavits as well as Deeds of Trust and Promissory Notes Secured by Deeds of Trust for residential properties.

So Cal Legal Docs is Ready to Assist You!

Contact us via phone, email, or by using the form below.

Phone/Text:  (619) 861-5626